Terms of Service
Welcome to A Rare Reflection! By becoming a member of our site, you agree to the Terms of Service listed below. Please read them carefully. Any questions or comments should be directed to the administration.
Member registration requires verification of your email account. You must first register on the message boards by clicking REGISTER. Once you have submitted your registration, a validation email will be sent with instructions on how to login to our site. You will have 15 days to validate your account before it is deleted. Other personal information may be voluntarily provided after registration.
New members will be initially placed in the "New Members" group. The following restrictions are in place for "New Members":
- Cannot email other members through the Forums
- Cannot create albums using Member Upload
- Cannot edit own posts 15 minutes after posting
New Members are automatically moved to the "Members" group after making 50 posts.
Termination of Membership
There are two instances in which your Membership may be terminated. They are:
1. Voluntary termination (by notifying the administration that you wish to cancel your membership)
2. Involuntary termination (by violating our Forum Policy, below--see Violation of Forum Policy).
In all cases other than a lapse of membership, you will be notified by email of the termination, and will be given a three (3) day period in which to dispute the action. If the termination is not disputed within this period, or it is determined by the administration that sufficient cause for termination still exists after the dispute, your Membership will be cancelled. Depending on the nature of your violation, you may or may not be allowed to return to Member status at a later date (to be determined by the administration).
All Members of A Rare Reflection must understand and adhere to our Forum Policy. Any questions or comments should be directed to the administration.
1. Respect and Consideration. It is imperative that you always show respect and be be considerate to your fellow board members. As a general rule of thumb, "Treat people the way that you want to be treated."
2. Use of Profanity. The forums are family-oriented. It has been determined by the administration that the use of profanity generally does not contribute to the flow of discussion, and is not necessary when communicating on a mature level. Therefore, as a general rule the use of profanity is prohibited in our message boards. However, at times certain message boards may be designated as adults only, in which case profanity may be allowed. This will be specifically indicated in the rules of those message boards. In most cases, profanity will be censored automatically, or manually edited by the administration. Any attempt to circumvent this process will be viewed as a violation of Policy.
2. Pornography. Posting any type of pornography (nudity, sexual acts, sexual simulations or representations, etc.) is forbidden, except in designated "adults only" forums where it is specifically allowed. This will be specifically indicated in the rules of those message boards.
4. Spam. Spam is defined as all of the following types of posts: Empty posts, Nonsense or gibberish, posts in a language other than English (except in language-specific message boards), repeat posts intended to generate traffic or increase Member Rating, replies which contribute no additional information to the topic (ie. "me too," "I know," etc.), "bumping" (posting a meaningless message for the purpose of making an old topic appear higher in the list, to make it more visible), advertisements of any kind. Spam in any of the above forms will not be tolerated.
5. Double-posting. "Double-posting" is the act of posting a message, then posting another one immediately after it in the same topic. Every member has the ability to edit their own posts by clicking on the "Edit" button in the upper-right corner of the post. Rather than double-posting, members should edit the original post instead.
6. Flaming, Bashing, and Trolling. A flame is a post which attacks a particular race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or other group of people. Posting messages which attack an individual on a personal level is known as bashing. A troll is someone that posts messages specifically designed to provoke a negative response from the member base, in order to gain publicity or attention. All of the above methods of posting are prohibited on our message boards.
7. Harassment. Harassment is defined as uninvited and unwelcome conduct directed at any member of our Forums, using any means of communication provided by the Forums. This includes posting on message boards or private messaging. If you have issues with the site or any of its members, please contact the Administration directly. Do not under any circumstances take it upon yourself to address the issue, weather that be contacting the member or by addressing the issue on the forums.
8. Fair Use. It is assumed by the Administration that any materials posted in our Message boards are in the Public Domain. Certain content may be removed without notice if it is found to violate copyright laws. Content posted on our forums may be used in other areas of our website at our discretion.
9. Signatures. The use of "signatures," or personalized text or images that appear below posts, is welcomed and encouraged. However, there is a limitation on the size of signatures used on the Forums. The combined size of images and text cannot be larger than 500 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall.
10. Account Use by Multiple Users. Member Accounts are intended for use by one user only. It is against Forum Policy for users to share accounts. Accounts which are found to be shared by multiple users will be terminated without notice.
11. Forum Misconduct. The Administration may suspend or terminate any member which it determines may post a safety or security risk to other forum members. Types of misconduct which fall into this category include, but are not limited to: Providing members with false or misleading personal information; Inappropriate or undesired contact with other members. Additional verification procedures may be necessary for continued membership.
12. User Names and Member Titles. Members must choose a user name or "Member Title" that is appropriate for a family-oriented message board. The definition of "family-friendly" is at the discretion of the Administration. If you are in violation of this policy, you will be contacted by email and asked to provide an alternate user name/member title within 3 days. Failure to respond will result in issuance of a warning and a new user name/member title of our choice.
13. "Stalkerazzi" Photography. A Rare Reflection does not allow posting of "stalkerazzi" photographs of Haley Bennett or anyone associated with her. "Stalkerazzi" photos are defined as pictures taken without the knowledge or consent of the subject, or those that otherwise present the appearance that the subject was not a willing participant in the photo session. Links to image galleries containing "Stalkerazzi" photos may be posted, but the images themselves cannot (this includes direct linking).
Violation of Forum Policy
The administration will not penalize or terminate Members unless they have violated the above Forum Policy. Even when such action is warranted, the administration will adhere to the following procedure:
1. Notification. Whenever possible, the administration will notify the Member, either via email or Private Message, before any action takes place which will limit a Member's access to the message boards. In certain cases, however, immediate action may be necessary, such as editing a message, moving/deleting a post or topic, etc., in order to protect other Members. You will still be notified when such action takes place.
2. Dispute. Upon notification that a violation has occurred, you will have a three (3) day period in which you can dispute the charge. Any disputes should be sent to the administration either by email or Private Message. During this period, your account may be placed in a read-only status. After the three day period, if the charge is not disputed, or the administration still feels that action is warranted, you may be Penalized or Terminated (see below).
3. Negative Action. Any negative action taken as a result of violating Forum Policy is at the sole discretion of the administration. This may include any of the following (or a combination of the following): probation (placing your account in a read-only status for a specific period of time), exclusion from certain message boards or topics, reduction of member rating or privileges, editing and/or deleting of messages, moving messages to other topics and/or message boards, Termination of your account. Any dispute of negative action taken by the administration should be addressed during the three day grace period.
Modification of Terms of Service
Our Terms of Service may be modified or amended at a later date. Such action will be announced in the Site Updates forum. All Members will be expected to review the changes and address any concerns they may have with the administration.
Limitation of Liability
Please note that the administration of A Rare Reflection is not responsible for the content of messages posted on our Message boards. The opinions expressed in messages are those of the poster, and not necessarily those of the site/administration. While our Administrators and Moderators make every effort to police the Message boards, please note that it may take some time before certain offending messages or other content can be taken care of. At no time will our site or administration be held responsible for any damage caused by messages posted. If you feel that certain content is inappropriate for the Message boards, and has yet to be addressed by the administration, please contact us immediately.
Although we strive to protect your privacy on the forums, but in certain situations your PMs (private messages) or other member information may be viewed by the Administration or Moderation team, in order to resolve a dispute. You will be notified when this occurs.
We at A Rare Reflection wish your experience to be a pleasant one. Please help us out by adhering to the Forum Policy at all times. If you have a problem with anything regarding our Message boards, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time. Thank you for being a part of our community!
(Revised 10 Apr 07)